I found this information online and thought is was interesting. The benefits of being single.
1. Travel wherever and whenever you want.
2. Flirt. Not that I would, but I could. No one to grill me over female contacts.
3. You are free to work out or to otherwise work on yourself. I do now, didn’t before.
4. Save lots of time. Well, a little time by not texting or talking all day. Not a big plus to me.
5. You can sleep in peace. You have the whole bed to yourself. No one to jab me for snoring.
6. Become more self-reliant. Do things once only done by another.
7. Develop and nurture new friends. This will happen if your spouse died. Automatically.
8. You can be picky about your next relationship. Widows should be picky anyway.
9. You can do whatever you want to do. We call this self care. It is not selfish. It’s smart.
What do you think about this list? I find the freedom of singleness enjoyable after 40 years of marriage. You may need to be in a relationship. But if you find these things fun or exciting, enjoy being single.